The enemy uses many devices to hold the believer in bondage, such as the spirit of lack, sickness, fear, confusion, jealousy, pride, and rebellion. Identify the places where the enemy has attacked in your life, whether spirit, soul (mind, will, and emotions), body, or even daily routines. It’s time to be free from the bondage of the enemy and walk in the authoritative victory of Jesus Christ by declaring the Word of God.
1. Begin by praising God for who He is, His character and nature.
2. Repent of any and all sin. 1 John 1:8, 10
3. Ask and receive His forgiveness. Choose to forgive yourself, as well as others. 1 John 1:9
4. Take authority over the enemy using the sample prayer below according to Matthew 16:19. Allow the Holy Spirit to intercede on your behalf and speak to your situation. (i.e. “I bind and cast out every spirit of violence, poverty, etc. and all of its companions that have attacked my spirit, soul, body, and family, finances, etc. …”)
I bind and cast out every spirit of _______________________ (name the demonic attack) and all of its companions that have attacked my spirit, soul, body, and/or _______________________ (location of the attack) in the name of Jesus. I take authority over the power of the enemy according to the word of God in Ephesians 1:20-22. I choose to come out from bondage and sin and separate myself unto God! I welcome the spirit of forgiveness, humility, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, self-control and goodness into my mind, will, and emotions in Jesus’ Name. I choose to receive the security and restoration of God that heals my soul and makes it perfectly whole. Lord thank you for the spirit of wisdom and discernment, that will anoint me to accomplish all the things you have purposed me to do, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.
5. Rejoice in knowing that God’s Word works! Stand in the confidence and strength of God that you are His chosen, part of the Remnant!
Courtesy of Pastor Miracle Pettenger